Sunday, February 27, 2011

Life- Always moving... Always Changing

(sorry this post has no pictures.. but it's not long.. so enjoy anyways!)

So a lot has been going on.... mostly in my head. (I mean thinking!) I have been doing a lot of thinking. About where my life needs to go.. and what I need to do to get it there. So I am thinking of going to school. I don't say going "back" to school, because that would imply I went to school in the first place. I have thought of 2 different majors I want to pursue. One being nursing. One always needs a good nurse, the second being a childhood/adolescent counselor. But as my sister Robin pointed out, I would probably end up crying right along with whoever I was trying to council. So I will have to think a little more on that one. So that is my long term goal. Finish school! It's funny to think back to when I was in High School. I never, and mean NEVER thought about a career. I was always going to be a mom and wife. I never planned on working or even thought I would ever have to work. But now I am at a place in my life I need to think about a career and not just a job. I am excited to look forward to a new adventure. And who knows I might even be your nurse one day. LOL

Other things have been going on.. and this more of a a prayer request. I have some medical things going on, I found out at my physical that I am very very anemic. It's not life threatening, I do have to go in for an Iron replacement treatment. Nothing serious. It is a 6 hour procedure in which they infuse me thought an IV with iron, to bring my levels back up where they need to be. My doctor says I will be amazed at how fast I start feeling better ( I didn't know i felt bad, I have anemic since I was 15). So who knows, I might turn into super woman after this procedure. But they still need to find out why I am losing iron or not absorbing it as I should. So I just ask that you keep me and the doctors in your prayers that they will find the reason.

But I feel now that my life has direction and guidance. I am excited for the next few months and even the next few years.

2 comments:

  1. I am excited for you to make a decision of going back to school. My long term goal is to eventally finish school become a nuse practioner or midife. I am currently working fulltime as a CNA though. Keep us posted how everything goes and good luk with the iron procedure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, my sister had an iron infusion a couple of years ago, and really, she felt better almost immediately. She hadn't realized that she'd felt bad either. I hope it works for you. And, good luck with school. I totally think you should do it!

    ReplyDelete